We are grateful to have so many local community members and businesses helping us in a variety of ways to carry out our mission of providing food security and community connection to our neighbors in need.
The TCMI Pantry is 100% volunteer-driven and we simply could not do it without you.
Enjoy meeting other people while helping others? Whatever your interests, skills and talents may be, we have a volunteer opportunity for you!
Our devoted volunteers of all ages represent the diversity of Las Vegas. They are at the heart of all we do, so we pride ourselves on the strong sense of community among our volunteers and staff alike. We are all part of the TCMI Pantry family.
Second Shift Needed
We are looking to start a second shift that starts at 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The positions are on a volunteer basis but we need people that can be part of the weekly clean up crew.
After the pantry closes at 9:00 a.m., we take the left over food and prep it to be sent to one of our partner pantries, or it is stored in the warehouse or walk-in cooler. All fridge items that are remaining will be recycled through the pig farm and the San Miguel Community garden.
Cleaning will consist of all tables, storage bins, fridges and freezers inside and out. Move stock from one freezer to a clean freezer. Floor sweeping and moping, cleaning of the rear of the building for trash and dropped food packaging and food itself.
Other duties can be upon request when needed.
If you are interested in signing up, please fill out our application and state you are interested in the second shift. volunteer application
Volunteer shifts typically fall during regular business hours:
- 9:30 a.m. – 1: 00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- 8:00 am. – 1:00pm Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. – 5: 00 p.m. Friday
- 2:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Saturday
- Volunteers must accept and promote the mission, vision, values of the TCMI Food Pantry.
- Volunteers must adhere to our policy to provide services without regard to race, color, age, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
- Volunteers must maintain confidentiality of clients, other volunteers, and donors.
- Volunteers are expected to follow all volunteer policies and procedures which will be provided on first day of service.
- Potential volunteers should come into the office anytime Monday — Friday and ask for onsite leader. He or she will have you fill out a volunteer application and conduct a short interview to find your interests and time availability. Apply here, fill it out and it will be emailed to a leader.
- Many employers have an Employee Match Program where they will monetarily match your volunteer hours back to the food bank. Be sure and check with your employer to see if they have such a program.
- Delivery drivers must hold a valid drivers license, current insurance and must be willing to use their own vehicle. Proof of insurance is required at time of sign up for delivery position.
Volunteering with Groups
TCMI Food Pantry can occasionally accommodate group volunteers from community groups and businesses. To schedule a group for volunteering please contact Sally Hernandez at the food pantry at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
Volunteering with Children
- Due to safety concerns, volunteers working at the TCMI Food Pantry must be at least 13 years old.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign their application as permission to volunteer.
- Those interested in attending must fill out the volunteer application form. This must be filled out for the child and the parent.
- Children must be with the accompanying adult at all times while onsite.
- TCMI Food Pantry can also arrange for a food pantry tour for your child, their organization or their school class, upon request.
Court-Ordered Community Service
To apply for Court-Ordered Community Service you must come into the pantry Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, and ask for our Director, Sally Hernandez or the current leader onsite. She or he, will have you fill out a volunteer application and have a short interview to find out your offense, how many hours you need, and time availability. OR you can fill out the volunteer application form.
- You must have and present TCMI Food Pantry with all pertinent and appropriate court documents pertaining to the community service requirement.
- We can provide you with letters and reports for the hours worked, however, it is your responsibility to request, obtain and forward these documents to your court.
- If accepted, we may not be able to provide you with all of the volunteer hours to fulfill your entire community service requirement, so we always encourage you to look into other agencies.
Service Learning Requirements for School
We try to incorporate students into our volunteer schedule, but opportunities for school service learning are very limited to our operating hours,
- Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturday 2:30 am – 2:00 pm.
There are sometimes opportunities to volunteer during school break but these need to be scheduled in advance. Please see “Volunteer Requirements” above for the application process.